Contract Development

While PBA is not a legal firm, we frequently get involved with developing contracts for a number of situations. Most legal agreements consist of content that is 85% boiler plate, disclaimers and local statutes and the remaining 15% is the meat of the agreement that spells out what the parties expect from each other related to the specific agreement.

The 15% is where we generally participate by clearly defining the business aspects of the agreement which is then delivered to the respective legal firms of both parties. We find that this process saves a lot of time and legal fees and keeps the primary intent of the contracts in full view of all parties.

It is often said that the “devil is in the details” but we have learned that the details related to contract development can be made much simpler by creating contract terms in simple business English before beginning the process of letting the lawyers create the necessary legal agreements.

Copyright © 2013 Practical Business Advisors. All rights reserved.